Military Friendly REALTOR
Cell Phone: 850-420-3333
Office Phone: 850-396-8479
- Cities Covered: Fort Walton Beach, Niceville, Shalimar, Crestview, Mary Esther, Navarre, Destin, Valparaiso, 30 A, Alys Beach, Auburn, Avalon Beach, Baker, Blue Mountain Beach, Bruce, Carillon Beach, Choctaw Beach, Defuniak Springs, Freeport, Garden City, Grayton Beach, Gulf Breeze, Holley by the Sea, Holt, Inlet Beach, Laurel Hill, Midway, Milligan, Miramar Beach, Mossy Head, Navarre Beach, Panama City Beach, Paxton, Pensacola, Point Washington, Rosemary Beach, Sandestin, Santa Rosa Beach, Seaside, Seacrest, Seagrove, Seascape, Tiger Point, Villa Tasso, Watercolor, and Watersound.
- Category: Real Estate Agents/ Broker
- Specialties: Buyer Agent, Seller Agent, Relocation
- Incentive Programs: Heroes Rebate. I offer a rebate from my commission when you buy or sell a home with me. You can find details for my rebate at www.HeroesRebate.com
- Military Affiliation: Civilian
- Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
About Ken Gettinger
Although born in St. Louis, MO in 1962 I don't remember much about my time then as after my father left the military he started working for McDonnell Douglas as a Field Rep for the F 4 Phantom and my family was sent to Victorville, CA where my father worked at George AFB. The desert living was great for a 2-4 year old. After our a couple of years we were off to Austin, TX at Bergstrom AFB. I loved Texas, became a Longhorns fan at an early age, watched my team win consecutive National Championships in 1969 and 1970. I had dreams of attending UT once I grew up. My father was sent to Vietnam during this time which was devastating to me at such a young age. Upon entering the 3rd grade we were sent to Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City. I wasn't thrilled to be living among my Longhorns rival Sooners. I spent my 3rd and 4th grade years in Oklahoma. Then in 1972 with the testing of the newest, coolest fighter plane going the F-15 Eagle we were told we were going to Eglin AFB in Florida. I read up on the area and was so excited to be living near a beach where I could learn to scuba dive to the shipwrecks I discovered on the maps I found during my research. I spent the rest of my schooling in Fort Walton Beach, even though my father later was sent to Germany, Spain, and Israel. I was lucky enough to visit him 4 times in Europe where I caught the travel bug. Upon graduating High School I moved to Los Angeles where I attended MI which is Musician's Institute. I returned to my beautiful town of Ft. Walton Beach and preformed in bands for many years. A great way to spend your youth. My band was quite popular with many of the Military personnel and they frequented our gigs often. Over the years of preforming I got to know our Military very well. My band preformed on base during the Thunderbirds Airshow. In 2006 I decided to become a Realtor®. I started as an agent, and then within 3 years I got my broker's license. I was the broker of 2 companies and then in 2017 where I was in charge of 30 agents, and I also got the opportunity to go sell luxury condos in the Bahamas, and then later another exciting venture of selling luxury homes in Park City, UT where I am also licensed. Upon leaving Utah to come back to my true home I decided to open my own company known as Gettinger Realty Group. We have been going strong and are continuing to grow. I recently decided to create program to help out our Military and other professions that give so much to us. It's called my Heroes Rebate. I hope my new certification will get me in touch with many more Military people looking to buy or sell a home and want an agent that will help them and give back for all they've given up for us.
No reviews yet. Be the first to review Ken Gettinger!